Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Journey

As a middle school history teacher, I teach about epic battles or epic journeys.  Two weeks ago, I made a decision to start my own.  I am determined to win the battle of my weight.  Oh, it's on.

It started a couple of months ago, when I busted a button on my pants on the way to work.  Nothing says professional like not being able to button your pants.  Other than bitching to myself and my poor husband, I guess I got pretty vocal.  You see, I lost myself somewhere along the way.  I forgot that I was brave, strong, pretty, and fun.  I hide behind and inside of my weight.  I'm ashamed.  I'm embarrassed.  I feel like a failure.  A fool.  A loser.  But mostly, I feel like a bad example for my kids (and my 75 at work).  How can I teach them to get back up, dust themselves off, and get after it...when I don't?

Enter Liz...

My friend, Liz, Funny Postpartum Lady to many of you, is also the woman behind New Mom Body. Now, she and I have never met "in real life," but I might as well have known her for years.  Both moms, both stepmoms, both Marine wives, and I think we both have a wicked sense of humor.  I follow ALL of her blogs, businesses, and her marathon training.  She's kind of a badass.  I've watched her lose her baby weight and get in shape.  I kept saying that I needed a jumpstart.  Just...something.  One night she offered to push me off the cliff.  She asked if I'd be willing to try a 30 day trial of Plexus Slim. 

So, let me see...drink one pink drink each morning and lose weight.  C'mon nothing is that easy.  30 day trial, huh?  What have a I got to lose, besides some weight.  I decided to also take the Accelerator+ as well, I mean, if we are gonna do this, let's do it! 

Two weeks later...

I'm down 4lbs, and down a couple of inches overall.
(disclaimer: probably more "Aunt Flo" showed up a week early, so I bet next week will be awesome!)

Now, you may not believe 4lbs to be worth it.  I say to you.  OMG!!!!  All I did was drink this super yummy pink drink before breakfast and take a Accelerator+.  Y'all....that is ALL I DID.  Three days in I was no longer craving soda, but I was hungry A LOT!  But I couldn't eat much, so I was eating 4-5-6 little meals a day.  I was not craving sugar.  What the What????  Yes!  And now I love getting my day started my pink drink.  It's like happy in a bottle!

To really explain this....I crave sugar like the cookie monster craves his cookies...and I look similar when I get some.  AND I am a soda-a-holic.  1-3 huge Dr. Peppers each day.  The more I get, the more I want.  I can't ever have enough "Cokes".  To go from this to....passing on anything sweet and refilling my water is unreal.  Sure, I'm had some soda, but it's rare, and half the time I don't finish an 8oz can, when I would drink a 20oz bottle and look for more.

SO....I'm looking forward to seeing where this will take me in the next 2 weeks.  And I can already see me going farther in the next couple of months. This was just the step I needed.  I needed to see my scale finally MOVE...so I could motivate myself to get up and move.  I have so much more energy.  I feel clearer, like my brain is coming out of a fog. 

I can't wait to report back again....

(by the way....I talked Hubs into this, as well.  And he's on his third week....he's down 8lbs.)

Thank you, Liz!  And thank you, Plexus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment