Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crazy Like A...Cat

I just haven't felt funny lately. Sure, I've spit out a one-liner here and there.  But it's just not like me.  So, I sat. Staring at the screen, where in walks, Lola.  (That's right, buckle up and hold on tight.)

Lola: What are you doing?  Are you on Facebook....again?
Me: No, I'm writing on my blog.  The Jensanity one.
Lola: Oh, about what...me again?
Me: (crap!)  No, just about stuff that makes me insane.
Lola:  Insane?
Me:  You know, Jensanity....Jen + Insanity.
Lola:  Yeah, what's insanity.
Me: It's just that makes me crazy.  I write about, share it.
Lola:  Mom!  I don't think it's a good idea to tell everyone you are crazy.  That's not good.
Me:  (laughing)  Oh honey, I think the cat is out of the bag on that one...
Lola: (looking around, nervously, arms out questioning)  WHAT CAT?
Me: (laughing hysterically)  Nevermind.  Why don't you tell me what makes you crazy?
Lola:  How much time do you have?  It's a big list.

She runs to get her brother.  Together they make a list of a few of the things that make them crazy.

BEAR & LOLA'S LIST OF INSANITY (part one)

1.  When the dog eats my toys...like that dinosaur I built at Lowe's.  Poor diney...he probably couldn't even fight him off with his little bitty arms.
2. Rain on game days.  It's like it only rains on Wednesdays.  Maybe God doesn't want us to play games on these days.
3. The smell of a stinkbug.  Yuck.
4. Training wheels.  I hate them, but I'm too scared to try without.  I am not good without extra wheels.
5.When my car won't charge.  How am I supposed to learned to drive when it won't charge to let me ride around the yard.  I think you broke it, Mama.
6. Those new happy meals with only a few fries.  Like 5.  What's that about?  I mean, I like apples, but if we were gonna eat healthy, we would go somewhere else.
7. Hairbows.  I'm a girl.  It's not like people say, "Look at that pretty boy over there, oh no, wait, a hairbow, must be a girl"  (Wow, the sarcasm...damn!)
8. Pencils that break during homework when I just went downstairs to sharpen it.  Ugh, makes me so mad.
9. When Braden (step-daddy) says we have to eat Goulash for dinner.  I don't know what it is, but it sounds like garbage.
10.  You, mom.  You make us crazy.  Like everything you do.  CRA-ZY!  So, if we are crazy, it's because you make us this way.  But I mean, we still love you.  Like a lot.  So, I guess we love you like crazy, too, huh?

I'll take that!


No comments:

Post a Comment